It can be challenging to know where to go if you’re looking for a good dentist in and around Perth for teeth whitening or just for your general dental care routine.
The teeth whitening statistics of Perth show that it is a popular procedure to have teeth whitened. A recent study has found that almost half of all adults in Perth are interested in whitening their teeth. This trend appears to be on the rise, as the study also found that the percentage of adults who have had teeth whitened by a reputable dentist in Perth has increased by almost 10% over the past five years.
The study of teeth whitening statistics is a longitudinal analysis based on a survey conducted between 2011 and 2016. The research found that almost 70% of the adults surveyed said they would consider having their teeth whitened at some point in their lives via a reputable dentist in Perth, the most popular reason being to improve their smile.
A quarter of the adults surveyed said that they had not had teeth whitened, but for those who have, 93% reported that it made them feel more confident about themselves.
The research also showed that parents were more likely to consider having their children’s teeth whitened than were other adults, with 60% of respondents saying that they would consider it for their children.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a process that uses light or lasers to remove stains from teeth. It is often used to achieve a brighter smile but can also treat other dental problems.
There are several teeth whitening treatments, and the one you choose will depend on your individual needs. Here are some of the most common types:
- Whitening gel
This type of treatment uses a gel you apply to your teeth. The gel breaks down the stains, and light is then used to remove them. Gel treatments usually take about 30 minutes, and you must visit the dentist twice a year for updates.
- Whitening trays
This treatment uses small, plastic trays in front of your teeth. The tray contains light and particular substances that work together to break down the stain. Trays usually take about an hour and you will need to visit the dentist twice a year for updates.
- Laser whitening
Laser whitening uses beams of light that penetrate deep into your teeth and remove the stain.
Factors of whitening
- Cost: Most dentists offer various types of teeth whitening services. It is actively important to find one that fits your budget. Some dentists offer more affordable packages, while others offer more elaborate options.
- Duration and Frequency: Some dentists offer short-term whitening treatments, while others may offer more frequent treatments over a more extended period. Determining what frequency and duration of treatment will be best for you is essential.
- Technique: There are many different techniques available for teeth whitening, so it is essential to choose one that is suited to your needs. Some techniques use lasers, while others use bleaching agents. It is important to find out what technique will be used and what potential side effects there might be.
How long will your treatment take?
The time your teeth whitening treatment will largely depend on the level of whitening needed and the technique used. Some treatments can take as little as an hour, while others may take up to two or three hours.
- Start with a list of potential dentists. Check out websites that can help you find dentists near you who offer teeth whitening services.
- Ask around for feedback about different dentists. Talk to family and friends about their experiences with particular dentists, and look for reviews that mention the dentist’s teeth whitening services.
- Be sure to schedule an appointment with the dentist before making any decisions. During your appointment, the dentist can assess your needs and help you decide which teeth whitening treatment is best for you.